Tuesday, June 4, 2024

T T T - JUNE 4


Some of these books made me angry because they could have been better than they were, others made me do the ugly cry, and a few shaped me as a reader


The Girl Who Chased the Moon ~ Sarah Addison Allen

I love Addison's particular brand of magical realism, but I have to say this is one of the stupidest books I have ever read


House Under Snow ~ Jill Bialosky

You feel the sorrow, pain, and frustration Anna feels for her mother who just can't get out from under her own grief to take care of her children


Tell the Wolves I'm Home ~ Carol Rifka Brunt

This story of the young girl dealing with the death of a beloved uncle and subsequently getting to know his longtime boyfriend had me absolutely emotionally wrecked


The Masterpiece ~ Fiona Davis

Another book that I viscerally loathed. The story was nonsensical and convoluted, and half the characters I didn't give a damn about


84, Charing Cross Road ~ Helen Hanff 

I loved this tiny book of letters about literary friendship more than I ever expected to


To Kill a Mockingbird ~ Harper Lee

Probably the first book that made me realize that life just isn't fair, yet you still should never stop fighting for the truth and you should always be a kind person no matter what


Little House on the Prairie Series ~  Laura Ingalls Wilder

These are the first books that I really connected to. I used to think about how different Laura Ingalls Wilder's life was from mine when she was my age, but yet we had certain things in common. These books were the first historical fiction I ever read, and Laura was the first character I truly identified with


The People We Keep ~ Allison Larkin

Another book that I absolutely unexpectedly adored


Do Tell ~ Lindsay Lynch

This book made me angry - in a good way - well, maybe not good because I cannot believe that in 2024 we are still treating sexual assault and sexual harassment victims the same way we did in the 1930s and 40s


Everything I Never Told You ~ Celeste Ng

An absolute gut punch of a novel involving feminism, teenage angst and depression, and family drama





No comments:

Post a Comment