Tuesday, August 20, 2024

10 HISTORICAL LADIES I'VE READ ABOUT OR WHOSE WORK I'VE READ I WOULD LIKE TO BE FRIENDS WITH

 T T T

Relationship Freebie


Louisa May Alcott ~ our fierce independent spirit and support of ladies doing what they want to do would make us fast easy friends


Jane Austen ~ we could drink tea and dish about who's dreamier : Mr Darcy or Mr Knightley


Agatha Christie ~ the Queen of Mystery and I could get up to quite a lot of mischief planning and then solving the perfect murder


Aimee Crocker ~ (The Thirteenth Husband ~ Greer Macallister) ~ heiress who went everywhere, did everything, and met everyone - surely I could be her secretary and travel companion


Marian Davies ~ (The Blue Butterfly ~ Leslie Johansen Nack) ~ actress and mistress, Davies threw one hell of a golden age Hollywood party - plus her beau W R  Hearst could give me a writing job


Emily Dickinson ~ the perfect friend for me, because Emily Dickinson and I don't like to leave her homes


Arabella Huntington ~ (An American Beauty ~ Shana Abe) ~ an O G bad girl, Huntington shunned Gilded Age society to travel and philanthropize the way she wanted

Constance Kopp ~ (Kopp Sisters Series ~ Amy Stewart ) ~ maybe this badass lady sherrif could take me along when she snatches up the bad guys


Babe Paley ~ (The Swans of Fifth Avenue ~ Melanie Benjamin) ~ fixture of New York City 1960s society, surely Babe could get me into Truman Capote's Black and White Ball

Virginia Woolf ~ Virginia Woolf knew every intellectual in the Bloomsbury Society - I would love to chat with her about art and literature

1 comment: