Tuesday, November 21, 2023

BONUS T T T

 


TOP TEN BOOKS I AM MOST THANKFUL FOR

10 ~ White, E. B. ~ Charlotte's Web ~ my third grade teacher read this book to the class and that was my first time with reading being an interactive experience (note - she also read us parts of Pet Cemetary)


9 ~ Larkin, Allison ~ People We Keep, The ~ a novel that tells us we can rise above even the most difficult circumstances


8 ~ McAllister, Greer ~ Girl In Disguise ~ ignited my passion for feminist historical fiction


7 ~ Brunt, Carol Rifka ~ Tell the Wolves I'm Home ~ a beautifully written novel with a devastating story


6 ~ Hinton, S. E. ~ Outsiders, The ~ gave me Ponyboy Curtis, my number one book boyfriend


5 ~ Wharton, Edith ~ Age of Innocence, The ~ simply one of the best books ever written and indulges my love of the Gilded Age


4 ~ Lee, Harper ~ To Kill a Mockingbird ~ my favorite book of all time


3 ~ Montgomery, L. M. ~ Anne of Green Gables ~ the reason I have wanted red hair my entire life


2 ~ Alcott, Louisa May ~ Little Women ~ of course any girl with a writerley bent worships Joe March


1 ~ Wilder, Laura Ingalls ~ Little House Series ~ these are the books that made me a lifelong reader

No comments:

Post a Comment