Tuesday, May 14, 2024

T T T ~ MAY 14

 



FAVORITE BOOK QUOTES


It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?
Anne of Green Gables ~ L. M. Montgomery


You must be the best judge of your own happiness.”

Emma ~ Jane Austen


"No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart.”

The Great Gatsby ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald


"Half the trouble in life is caused by pretending there isn't any." 

The House of Mirth ~ Edith Wharton


It is easy to ignore the rain if you have a raincoat
In Cold Blood ~ Truman Capote


I would always rather be happy than dignified.”

Jane Eyre ~ Charlotte Brontë


"I've got the key to my castle in the air, but whether I can unlock the door remains to be seen." 

Little Women ~ Louisa May Alcott


I had rather hear my dog bark at a crow, than a man swear he loves me.”

Much Ado About Nothing ~ William Shakespeare


“Get smart and nothing can touch you.”

The Outsiders ~ S. E. Hinton





"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book!"

Pride and Prejudice ~ Jane Austen



4 comments:

  1. I don't remember that line from The Outsiders -- obviously a sign that it's been too long since I read it! I went with Kindle highlights. :)

    https://readingfreely.com/2024/05/14/top-ten-recentish-kindle-highlights/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes! I read Little Women for the first time just last year and LOVED it! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used quotes from four of these books for my list today too. They're some of my favorite novels of all time!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete