Tuesday, May 21, 2024

T T T - MAY 21


AUTHORS I'D LOVE A NEW BOOK FROM


JANE AUSTEN ~ Jane would feel some type of way about dating apps, social media, coffee chains, and e-readers


LOUISA MAY ALCOTT ~ I want to know her thoughts the feminist movement, and the state of literature today



CHARLOTTE BRONTE ~ Another proto-feminist writer I would love to hear from about her opinion on women getting the right to vote, women not needing to marry for security, and other feminist issues

 


TRUMAN CAPOTE ~ Capote's opinions about social media and modern celebrity scandals - now that would be some hot tea



CHARLES DICKENS ~ Dickens would have a hot take on the wealth disparity that happened as a result of the Industrial Revolution that began in his lifetime



F. SCOTT FITZGERALD ~ He lost so much of his potential to alcholism. I would like to see what he would write post re-hab



S. E. HINTON ~ I want a sequel to The Outsiders to see what my book boyfriend Ponyboy grew up to be, and how the other Outsiders fared in their adult lives



DOROTHY PARKER ~ I would appreciate Parker snarkiness taking down some of the worst trends society offers today


EDITH WHARTON ~ I would love to read what Wharton has to say about just how impolite society can be in the modern era



LAURA INGALLS WILDER ~ Her books were toned down and turned into novels for children, so I would like to read exactly what Laura Ingalls Wilder thought of life after the prairie, since she saw so much modernization and innovation in her lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment